- All STEM related and language subjects will be covered in future but we only offer tutoring on mathematics currently.
- We offer at the moment tutoring service for Secondary 1 to 6 students on maths subject.
- Students of the programme may come from secondary schools of any banding. What they have in common is the determination to strive for improvement of their academic performance.
- As tutoring will be conducted online, tutor and student can separately choose their own venues to suit themselves. They can agree on a tutoring time convenient to both parties. The tutoring time should usually be after 4:00pm on weekdays and will be more flexible at weekends.
- Relevant textbook materials and teaching plan will be provided to the tutor for reference as far as possible.
- If students of SEN are referred to us by collaborating schools/NGOs, we would evaluate each case and then consult potential tutors in the matching process. Tutors can decide whether to accept the students or not.
- For the current math tutoring programme for Secondary 1 to 6 students, tutors can choose to spend 1 to 3 hours each week. We shall do the matching work accordingly.
- We expect a tutor to commit at least a duration of 3 months to the programme.
- It is not desirable to quit early but we respect the decision of the tutor.
Can a tutor request for change of student if the tutor is unable to handle the student or the student’s learning attitude is bad?
- We would look into the case and our experienced retired teachers may provide advice to see if the situation can be improved.
- We would always respect the choice and decision of our tutors.
If a tutor encounters any problem during the course of tutoring, would there be any assistance provided to him/her?
- Yes, we have experienced retired teachers to offer assistance and advice whenever necessary.
- A tablet or touchscreen PC or iPad equipped with camera, microphone and speaker, and a stylus pen;
- OS: Windows 10, Android 6.0 or above, iOS 9 or above; and
- A WiFi connection.
- Google Gmail, Calendar, Meet, Jamboard and Classroom have to be installed, they are all free.
- We shall provide each tutor with a Google Workspace account to use the required apps.
- Training will be provided to tutors and students on the use of hardware and software before commencement of tutoring.
Can a tutor refer students of low income families to LearnerThon directly for participating in the programme?
- As we have no resources at the moment to carry out vetting of students’ family income, we can only accept those referred to us by collaborating schools and NGOs.